Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Crafting - monthly onesies

So with my cousins baby shower this weekend I took to my go to site pintrest in search for a cute & easy low cost DIY project, that I could knock out in my 'spare time' whatever that is... So I stumbled upon monthly onesies (of course something I had pinned & forgot about). Seemed easy enough I have ink in the printer, an iron, and onesies - used but still in great condition. Then the hard part #1 drive 10 min away to storage to search in boxes for them in the summer heat not fun. Once home with all the fixings to make the onesies hard part #2 hits me. Making the graphics to adhere to the onesies... something that once was a breeze for me to do in a day ended up taking several days. This project seemed to get harder to make time for as the days went by, more then I thought it would(its been about 2 weeks since I started). But I got them done just in time and without having to lose much time away from my family. I think they came out super cute and wish I had made some for Lukas when he was younger.

I found this cute coral & starfish photo box @ Micheal on sale for $1.66
to package the onesies in since her theme is all about the ocean.
And I thought it would be a cute extra gift to go with the onesies
for them to store all the cute photos of the baby :)
I had extra sheer ribbon left over from a previous craft,
so I just measured enough to wrap around the box and
I used what was left to fold and tie into a cute bow,
very minimal wrapping of the gift I love it!
This is how the onesies look all packaged up in the
box with the card I made on top.The card is make of card stock paper
it has cute multi color baby feet print on it. I folded it in three
and printed my message on light blue construction paper
and glued that to the inside and the 'congratulations!'
on the front and added a little blue bow underneath

The top row of onesies in the box.
NB to 6 months.

The bottom row of onesies.
7 to 12 months

All the finished onesies. Each with a different image.  in order from NB to 12 months...
Sand dollar, anchor, seagull, seahorse, turtle, starfish, lobster, angel fish,
octopus, crab, dolphin, stingray, & a pair of flip flops


I couldn't have gotten any of this done without the help of Pete being my extra eyes & entertainment for Lukas while I created, edited(x4 lol), printed, cutout & ironed the transfers. So for that and all he does for us he deserves a huge THANK YOU!

1 comment: